Having a constant roof color is boring, isn’t it? Well, handy, you can change the Animal Crossing: New Horizons roof color anytime you get to a certain point in the game. And all without renewing or paying off a new mortgage, as there is a way that won’t cost you an arm and a leg every time, and you can even swap it out every day if you wish.
But first you need to put in a little of the tough graft.
Initially, you can only change the Animal Crossing: New Horizons roof color each time you upgrade your home. However, once you get to the stage where you have two rooms in your house, as you speak, you can unlock the customization of your house to Tom Nook in the Resident Services building.
(Image credit: Nintendo)
To get to this stage, you’ll need to go through these home upgrade projects:
- Upgrade from tent – pay moving fees of 5,000 miles
- Build a new house – mortgage fee of 98,000 bells
- Upgrade your home (expand single room size) – 198,000 bells mortgage fee
- Upgrade your home with an extra room – a mortgage fee of 368,000 bells
- Upgrade your home to two extra rooms – 548,000 bells mortgage fee
Once you’ve built this home with a second room, Tom Nook will notify you of the customization of the home when you enter the Resident Services building. It only costs 5,000 bells each time and allows you to change your roof color and the style / color of the mailbox. Look here:
You can change your roof color at any time. Hopefully more mortgages will be paid back and your home will be further upgraded, unlocking even more customization options.