CertainTeed has launched a new video series called Joe Knows designed to educate contractors about the installation and benefits of low pitch commercial roofs. The CertainTeed Contractor Support Network is determined to listen to and respond to its customers’ needs. The new video series is one of many elements designed to provide contractors with the tools they need to install CertainTeed rooftop products more effectively and efficiently.
Industry veteran and CertainTeed contributor Joe Thompson is hosting the Joe Knows series, which was posted on the CertainTeed website on February 1. Thompson is a key member of CertainTeed Commercial Roofing’s Technical Services team and is the lead instructor for Flintlastic SA’s commercial roofing training courses held in the United States. He is also a distinguished member of the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC).
Since a contractor’s time is precious, the video series comes in an easy-to-digest format that lists expert tips and tricks for a quick and effective installation.
New episodes will be available every two weeks through May 2021 and will include the following topics:
- February 1st: blinking of a whistle
- February 15th: Flashing a pipe with flashes of liquid
- March 1st: Flash a drain
- March 15th: Flashing a drain with flashes of liquid
- March 29th: Base flashes on a parapet wall
- April 12th: Base flashes the outside corner of a parapet wall
- April 26th: Base flashes in the inside corner of a parapet wall
- May 10th: Installation of the membrane ends
To watch the Joe Knows video series, visit https://blog.certainteed.com/2021/01/commercial-roofing-construction-details-how-to-flash-a-pipe-ct-13/.