Downed power line sparks commercial building fire in McKeesport

July 17 – Firefighters from McKeesport and several other departments responded to a fire at McKeesport Auto Body Friday night.

The fire was reported shortly after 5:15 pm on the 600 block on Rebecca Street by McKeesport, according to an 911 911 911 officer. The warden said no one was locked in the building.

Allegheny County’s public safety officials reported that the fire was caused by a fallen power line and that utility companies involved had been notified.

Firefighters stayed on site after 11:30 p.m.

Additional information was not immediately available.

Jeff Himler is a contributor to Tribune Review. You can contact Jeff at 724-836-6622, [email protected], or on Twitter.

Comments are closed.