Mill City Grill roof catches fire | Local

Roofers using torches accidentally lit a fire on the roof of the Mill City Grill, closing Commerce Avenue and causing an estimated $ 60,000 damage to the restaurant on Thursday afternoon, according to Longview Fire Department.

The roofers tried to put out the fire, but the flames spread to a wall and required a fire service, Captain Randy Bradshaw said.

The fire was reported just before 3 p.m. and resulted in the evacuation of the restaurant and the closure of Commerce Avenue between Hudson and Hemlock Streets. No injuries were reported.

Firefighters reopened the street shortly before 5 p.m. and cleared the scene shortly after, Bradshaw said.

Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue supported.

The restaurant staff could not be reached to comment on the damage or effects on the restaurant operations.

Comments are closed.