National Women in Roofing (NWiR) announced several changes in the association’s leadership on the board of directors. The Board of Directors is the governing body of the organization and is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the mission, strategy and objectives of NWiR.
Anna Anderson of Art Unlimited, Minnesota, will join the Executive Committee, with several other members completing their terms on the Board of Directors and some new members entering new leadership roles. Other board members and current members of the Executive Committee are:
- Renae Bales, KPost Roofing & Waterproofing (Texas)
- Michelle Boykin, Rackley Roofing (Tennessee)
- Jennifer Keegan, GAF Materials Corporation (New Jersey)
- Jennifer Stone, Johns Manville, California, immediately behind the chair
Former Chairs Shari Carlozzi and Heidi Ellsworth are still involved in the association, chairing special committees and advising and advising the association and women across the industry on a regular basis.
“We usually do these transitions on NWiR day in February,” said Ellen Thorp, executive director. “Everything is a bit different during the pandemic and the move to virtual meetings, but NWiR has continued to grow and even thrive during this time.”
NWiR sincerely thanked the following board members for completing their term of office:
- Melissa Mulligan Chapman, The GLO Group
- Melissa Walker, Johns Manville
- Chelsea Capricorn, BlueRidge Roofing & Construction
The organization also warmly welcomed the members nominated for a term on the Board of Directors:
- Brittany Wimbish, Fields Roof Service, Washington State
- Kelley Caron, OMG Roof Products (Massachusetts)
- Kyrah Coker, National Roofing Partners (Texas)
Renae Bales also has a special honor on behalf of the Executive Committee. “A special thank you to Jennifer Stone, our former chairwoman. Your guidance and mentoring at NWIR has been truly amazing. Thank you to our board members who have ended their terms and to those who have joined us. We have an amazing group of volunteers who keep growing and promoting NWIR in our industry to provide networking, mentoring, education and recruiting to all members. ”
A full list of the new boards of directors can be found at https://nationalwomeninroofing.org/board-of-directors/.
More information is available at www.nationalwomeninroofing.org.