The Cleveland Indians today announced what’s new at Progressive Field for the 2021 season. Fans will get their first glimpse of any changes in progressive field at the tribe’s home opening game against Kansas City on April 5th.
The fans get a first glimpse of the expanded network that was installed before the 2020 season. The new network spans both foul lines and goes to section 128 in the right corner of the field and to section 174 in the left corner of the field. The net height was increased from 23 feet to 33 feet and the canopy was removed behind the baseplate so that putrid balls could again reach the fans in the lower bowl.
The Cleveland Indians have partnered with the Cleveland Clinic to implement new health and safety protocols for the ballpark and kick off the 2021 season.
All fans must wear a face mask recommended by the CDC at all times in the ballpark, unless they are actively eating or drinking while sitting on tickets. Also, no bags are allowed to accelerate access to the ballpark, with the exception of medical bags, diaper bags and purses. Progressive Field customers will see an increase in hand sanitization stations around the ballpark, as well as the Cleveland Clinic SAFE branding and signage to remind fans of the ballpark’s health guidelines.
New to Progressive Field this season. All tickets are only available for mobile entry. Fans can access and manage their tickets via the Ballpark app, the My Indians Tickets account or the StubHub app. Screenshots and PDFs are no longer acceptable input forms.
The Lexus Home Plate Boxes offer a private location with premium seating just behind the home plate. The boxes offer an extraordinary view and have a unique menu, drinks rails, balcony heating, a television and their own companion.
Cleveland Indians Dollar Bank checking account
Dollar Bank, the official retail bank of the Cleveland Indians, has announced its offering for the Cleveland Indians Dollar Bank checking account – a first of its kind. Tribal fans who open an account will have access to:
· $ 50 and tickets to three Indian Games
· Pre-sale ticket access and discounts
· Discounts in the Progressive Field Team Shop and at MLBShop.com
· Cleveland Indians branded debit cards and checks
Abusive or inappropriate language or behavior that is considered disorderly, recalcitrant or disruptive, including inappropriate clothing, may constitute grounds for refusal or denial of admission. This includes headdresses and face-paint designed to reference or appropriate Native American cultures and traditions. Inappropriate or offensive pictures, words, clothing or face colors must be covered or removed and failure to do so may constitute grounds for refusal or denial of admission. The solicitation of contributions and / or the distribution of literature on Progressive Field is prohibited.
Due to the monthly publication and sale of tickets, the Indian organization is taking a different approach this year to announce the promotional calendar and special ticket packages on a monthly basis.
For the month of April, all fans who take part in the games from April 9th to 11th will receive a season magnet plan for 2021 submitted by Progressive.
This season is also highlighted by post-game fireworks on select dates, bobbleheads for Roberto Perez and Shane Bieber, a jersey giveaway for Franmil Reyes, and more.
Updates to the schedule will be posted on Indians.com prior to the season ticket
Owner login window for each affected month. For the most current information, please visit www.Indians.com/promotions and Indians.com/specials.
Prior to the 2020 season, two new escalators were installed at Progressive Field (RF District, Infield District) as part of Gateway’s capital improvements.
CASHLESS ENCOURAGES: We strongly encourage our fans to go cashless in all food and retail locations to promote the health and safety of all.
NEW FOR 2021: Jim Beam Bourbon Bar (Left Field District) – Featuring Jim Beam’s portfolio of Bourbon brands. In addition to their signature cocktail, the Jim Beam High Ball, new baseball-themed cocktails will be launched throughout the season.
PERRY’S ICE CREAM: Perry’s Ice Cream, partner of Cleveland Indians, launched its new ice cream this spring with the theme “Doughing, Doughing, Gone! TM “presented. The premium ice cream flavor consists of chocolate biscuit ice cream with crushed biscuit swirls and pieces of biscuit dough. The flavor is available all season at Progressive Field and can also be purchased from local retailers, including your local grocery and ice cream parlors in Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York. With every purchase of Doughing, Doughing, Gone! TM will donate a portion to the Cleveland Indians charities.
Perry’s will have a Progressive Field ice cream stand in Section 138.
REDUCED CONCESSION STAND: Due to the reduced capacity, the number of concession stands will be limited to 40 in April. Progressive Field favorites like Ballpark Classics, Fat Rooster, Forest City BBQ, Throwing Smoke BBQ and 9 local CLE restaurants are still available with limited menus (Great Lakes Brewing Company, Barrio, Melt, Dynomite Burger, Dantes, Momocho, Fat Heads, Brew kettle, Ohio City Burrito).
TERRACE CLUB: Due to health and safety protocols, the Terrace Club is closing to start the season for all fans.
The Indians will add four new player programs this year and will continue to support Friends of Francona by working closely with the VA Medical Center to gain experience with Terry Francona.
The Cleveland Indians are proud to announce the following partner news for the 2021 season:
• Conrads – If the Cleveland Indians get four or more runs in the 7th inning of a game, a lucky participant will receive a set of four (4) new tires courtesy of Conrads. Fans can register at econrads.com.
• Global Transport – Proud Deliver Partner of the Leadoff Batter and donates CIC for every Indian Leadoff hit this season.
• Great Lakes Brewing Company – Official Craft Beer Appointment for Opening Week.
• Jim Beam – Official bourbon of the Cleveland Indians.
• Lake Erie Shores & Islands – Bring the weather feature to Progressive Field fans.
• Legacy Roofing Services – Legacy is one of the largest commercial roofers in the US, working with the Indians as the preferred roofing partner for the 2021 season.
• Honda dealers in North Ohio
• Raising Cane’s – Cleveland Indians Charities and Raising Cane’s will partner one day this year, with a portion of the proceeds from all dinner sales going to CIC.
• Rose Pest Solutions – Official pest control provider for the Cleveland Indians.
• Uncle Charley’s Sausage – Official sausage of the Cleveland Indians.
• Union Home Mortgage – UHM expanded its partnership with the tribe in the off-season. Fans can expect to see Union Home Mortgage at Progressive Field, a partnership with Tom Hamilton on the Indians Radio Network, and a summer raffle.
• WA Smith Financial Group – Official Wealth Management Partner of the Cleveland Indians.
MLB’s Ballpark app is back and better than ever this year. The Ballpark app features a completely new, fan-centric design that enhances the Tribe fan experience at Progressive Field. Cleveland fans need the latest Ballpark app version when they get to Progressive Field. New to the app in 2021 are progressive snap lenses with fun photo filters for all tribe fans.